Problem with Character listing in Characters Screen

gualoki

Hi, I'm posting this because I don't know what could be happening, I know support will stop soon, but maybe it's already happened to someone.

Files in use:
  • Shaiya Essentials V5.1 (Client + Server)
  • SQL Server: SQL Server 2019 (RTM) - (X64) Enterprise Edition
  • Windows 10 x64
  • sdev files 1.1.7.11 (tried with older versions from Essentials also)
  • game.exe and ps_game from Essentials v5.1 first, and now with the ones from sdev's source code pack from github, (0x16021200)

I will try to be as descriptive as possible with an example:

I have four chars, in slot 0 1 2 3, all of them are "alive" in the game.

nonedel1.jpg

When I login, all four chars are listed.
cap0.jpg

If I remove a char (Del=1), in this case char #2 (in slot 1), this happens:

onedel1.jpg
cap2.jpg

Char #2 won't show up, which is correct since it's deleted.
But char #4 (slot 3) won't show up either, and it should, since I didn't delete that one.

If I restore Char #2 (del=0), then all four chars are listed again.

I've tested with different server files (shen files I think), and this problem didn't happen, but I prefer this server with sdev's dlls.

PS:
I've made another test, moved from the DB my chars to slot 0, 2, 3 and 4 (no char on slot 1), and the same problem happens, the client won't list the last char (#4).
It's like in the char listing proccess, if there is an empty slot, the client won't show up the last char in the list.
Any one have an idea of what could be the problem?

I'll do more tests tomorrow with a clean installation (I've changed some server files when testing), but so far yes, seems to be fixed, thanks a lot!

PS:
1)The fix will be available on the github src? (in case you update something else and we need to compile the whole thing)
2)What is "g_nPayLetterEnable" for (in the ps_game.ct file) ?

I'll do more tests tomorrow with a clean installation (I've changed some server files when testing), but so far yes, seems to be fixed, thanks a lot!
no problem. i'm gonna push the patch to github in a little while. i'm gonna remove the dll i attached, because i need to add some range checks. i guess i'll keep supporting the library for the time being. feel free to open an issue on github if anything else is wrong.

PS:
1)The fix will be available on the github src? (in case you update something else and we need to compile the whole thing)
2)What is "g_nPayLetterEnable" for (in the ps_game.ct file) ?
yes. the source will be available. g_nPayLetterEnable enables/disables sending gifts.

Back