Hello!

Cups

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Hello everybody, I'll take some time to introduce myself.

My name is Triston - you can refer to me as either Cups or Triston, I don't mind. I started playing Shaiya in 2012, on AeriaGames' Shaiya Phoenix, where I met a lot of great people. Eventually the server died out, and a friend invited me to play a private server with them, which was Shaiya Tactics. After learning about the world of private servers, I was hooked and decided to start learning how to modify them. I had started learning how to code at some point in late 2012, and decided I wanted to expand my skill set.

After some time, I eventually learned the basics of Assembly, with the assistance of developers such as Nubness and Juuf. I then decided that I hated having to work in x86, and started learning how to write less Assembly and more C++. You'll find that sentiment still resonates with me to this day. It is the realization that writing content in Assembly takes forever and is error prone that pushed me to pursuing alternative goals, such as emulation. You may find remnants of my Shaiya Genesis or Shaiya Eden projects online, both of which were open source playgrounds that I used for learning experiences.

I now spend a fair amount of time helping other developers expand their skills, and trying to improve the quality of private servers, tooling, and our work. Hope to meet more of you - feel free to post any questions or discussions in the relevant forum.

Kind regards,
Cups

Back